The Lompoc Valley is blessed with clean air and clean water from its own wells. The Lompoc Co-op Development project is committed to helping preserve the quality of the local environment. In its business practices and products it will consciously promote green living busines standards.
The first cooperative business will be a green housecleaning co-op that will serve the eco-conscious market in Northern Santa Barbara County. LCDP believes a successful community and business is dependent on a healthy environment. LCDP will be working to show our environmental responsibility to the Lompoc Community and the county by setting standards that will benefit everyone. For LCDP green living means:
- To conserve valuable resources: Energy, water, gasoline, and materials.
- To create business practices that prohibit pollution and waste.
- To use products that are non-toxic to living things.
- To comply with and exceed local environmental standards.
- To continually work to find ways to improve our green practices.
LCDP’s goal is to become a non-profit incubator to generate multiple cooperatives. It will strive to include these green values in each new business.